Storytelling workshop with Clare Murphy.

On today’s lecture we had to stay at a creative mindset in generating ideas for our final graduation film. First thing we had to do is breakout in small groups of 2-3 and our goal was to make a simple solid 3-min story ensuring that we give enough time to get ideas. this involved engaging, staying open minded and focused on allowing our brain to concentrate.

We needed to engage in a commitment on ourselves, not just overthinking, but by allowing our brain to recover, giving it time to restore back to stimulation.

The two words we needed to use as our guidance were ‘Yes and and’ which was a way of helping with our thinking.  To boost our motivation we basically played a game called silly gift sharing. It’s a game where one person passes away a gift to the next person. that way I get the feel of the flow when playing the game and that way it helps our brain start to develop ideas. Another gibberish game is where you make up a word or language then define the meaning.

lastly I took a little stride along the city and took photographs of post boards, buildings, which I still need to do more of.