LIAF Project Blog Update

LIAF Project Blog UpdateFor the LIAF project we have been looking at 10 different categories for the film festival. We were required to choose one category that we found interesting to work from. I chose the Into the Dark category for my pitch. My pitch was for a 2D animation about a woman getting out of bed and discovers trails of blood in her room and around the corridor. Then she discovers a dead body along with gory bloodstains. The woman is shocked and she goes downstairs to see what happening. And finally once she reaches the bottom of the stairs and finds more dead people, when she reaches outside she hears a harsh noise and she then sees very fearsome creatures that attempt to chase after her. One of my influences was Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining (1980). After we did our initial ideas we presented them to our tutors and LIAF organisers to decide which ones would be produced. Unfortunately my pitch wasn’t selected but I was put on the production team for Goblin and the Dog. Goblin and the Dog is a 2D animation about a Goblin who terrorises a local neighbourhood. We needed to expand the idea for the narrative for the Goblin and the Dog. Mathew instructed us to individually work on part of the storyboard. I was chosen to work on the scene where the Goblin is about to steal the lamp from the garden. Making improvements in the backgrounds and the emotions of the characters I drew part of the storyboard interpreting Mathews original story.